Tuesday, January 21, 2020 – Wednesday, January 29, 2020
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY BELOW
Kallialitheia and John Neal Books have teamed up to bring you an unbelievable giveaway in return for your opinion!
- Pointed Pen Nib Sampler from John Neal Books (JNB), so you can try these nibs out for yourself
- Handmade Olive Wood Oblique Nib Holder, hand-turned by my husband Bill McKelvey (one of a kind edition)
- True Walnut Ink from JNB
- Moon Palace Sumi Ink from JNB
- 5-piece Sampler of Handmade Styling Paper, perfect for styling those calligraphy photographs
- Beginner Copperplate Worksheet Set from Kallialitheia, a printable PDF for practicing all the letters, numbers, punctuation and combinations
- Handmade Dogwood Jumbo Dinky Dip Holder with 3 Dinky Dips, also by my husband Bill
What is the World’s Favorite Nib for Beginners?
This has become an all-important question in the calligraphy world. The idea for this poll was born after my recent article on Dip Pen Basics Part 1, where I discussed the differences in nibs and what kind of nib I recommend for beginners. When I started talking about this on Instagram, John Neal Books loved the post and shared it with their audience.
People started to give their two cents. Not everyone agreed with me. In fact, when I did a poll in my stories, a small majority chose a DIFFERENT nib than I recommend as the best nib for beginners. (Which honestly did not come as a surprise.) And some even had a different idea altogether. So it really started bugging me. WHAT IS THE BEST NIB FOR BEGINNERS??
My whole point here at BEGINNERCALLIGRAPHY.COM (also known as Kallialitheia.com) is to give beginner calligraphers the best advice possible for how to get started and be successful with calligraphy. I still have a long way to go with this blog, because I’m just getting started. But I just have to know, WHAT NIB SHOULD I BE RECOMMENDING for beginner calligraphers?
We Need Your Opinion
So that’s where YOU come in. If you are a calligrapher, then we need your opinion. By participating in this poll, you will help us discover the worldwide favorite nib for beginners. And then I will feel confident I am recommending the best nib possible. Also by giving your opinion, you will be entered in the random drawing for a pretty stellar giveaway. I’m about to tell you the details. Don’t worry though–if you aren’t a calligrapher yet, or you simply don’t know what nib to recommend, you can still enter the giveaway! Just select “Other” for your favorite nib, and in the blank where you get to type that nib in, just say, “I don’t know!” Simple as that. And then you’re entered.
Here’s the really cool thing about all this. And I hear from calligraphers all over the world–legit–my newsletter subscribers are currently in 34 different countries. They don’t always know where to find calligraphy supplies. But guess what!! John Neal Books delivers WORLDWIDE. WORLD! (world) WIDE! (wide).
So when you find out the world’s favorite nib for beginners, you can order it from John Neal Books! But why buy it, when you can win the whole pointed pen nib sampler in this giveaway? If you haven’t done it yet, hop back up to the top and enter that giveaway.
10+ Bonus Entries
Entering the giveaway is super simple. Three things are required:
- Vote for your favorite nib
- Follow @Kallialitheia on Instagram; and
- Follow @JohnNealBookseller on Instagram.
Of course we’ll have to know your email address to contact you if you win.
You get extra entries for doing extra things:
- Subscribe to the Kallialitheia newsletter–this also grants you access to my free worksheet library–Woot!
- Share your referral link with your friends and earn up to 10 bonus entries!
Ideas for Sharing That Link
- Post it to your facebook, tweet it, or email it
- Place it as the link in your Instagram profile for the duration of the giveaway.
- Use your Instagram stories to talk about the giveaway and point people to the link in your profile. Feel free to repost our giveaway posts and stories on IG.
When Does the Giveaway Start and End?
The giveaway opens Tuesday, January 21, 2020, at 12am EST, and it closes Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 12am EST. (Note this is midnight Wednesday night.) We will be announcing the winner sometime Friday or Saturday after the giveaway is over, and the winner will be notified by email.
Who Can Enter?
International entries are welcome, but you must be at least 18 years old to participate. A giveaway winner will be randomly selected, and no purchase is necessary to win. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, and all entrants release Instagram from any liability whatsoever.
So…if you’re seeing this before the poll opens, set yourself a reminder right away! You truly do not want to miss this giveaway.